Monday, March 26, 2012

Morning Meeting Review Game


We will be ending our 3rd term on Friday.  Today in Morning Meeting I was able to tie in three academics in one activity.  I took out our class IPod where we have a coin flip ap.  I wrote on our message board "Heads/ Something interesting I have learned in science this term is......", and "Tails/Something interesting I have learned in social studies this term is......".  Then I passed around the IPod.  Each time a student flipped the coin s/he shared something different.  It was a great way to review our learning.  The other academic I pulled in was math, because one student kept the data on the heads and tails, using tally marks to record. Then we shared math statements about the data we collected. This 10 minute activity was loaded with learning!!!!!!! And who says they have "no time" for morning meeting in their day?

1 comment: